Programs & Services
CWHA has served as an urban problem solver, creating innovative solutions to community issues with a focus on breaking the cycle of poverty through building diverse partnership and grassroots leadership initiatives.
CWHA conducts programs that aim to improve the well being of individuals, to strengthen families and empower communities. These programs are uniquely designed to provide comprehensive, integrated, culturally appropriate and coordinated "one-stop" service.
- New York State funded programs provide health insurance under Medicaid/child health plus/Family Health plus for most people age 19-64 who have limited income and who are citizens or fall within one of many immigration categories.
- Medicaid Children and Adults from 0-64
- Child Health Plus (CHP) Children under age 19
- Family Health Plus (FHP) Adults not qualified for Medicaid
- Caribbean Women's Health Association in collaboration with Community Service Society of New York can provide trained staff to conduct Medicaid education sessions, one-on-one counseling sessions, and assistance with NY Medicaid CHOICE enrollment form completion and managed care navigation. Each session will last for approximately one hour and we request a group of 10-20 individuals.
- Appointment needed with Facilitative Enroller Daniel Cheatham 718-679-2481