Mail Resume to:
Caribbean Women's Health Association
3512 Church Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
To apply for this opportunity, mail, email or fax resume and cover letter to Caribbean Women's Health Association Inc. at or fax number 718-826-2948.
Internship / Volunteer Opportunities Available
Caribbean Women's Health Association's Internship and Community Service Program is designed to enable interns/volunteers to gain practical and professional experiences under conditions conducive to career development. Those chosen will have the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to improving the overall health status in medically underserved communities, while building bridges between theory and practice. The program offers the interns/volunteers an opportunity to get up-to-date information on trends and emerging health and social issues, and to network with colleagues and professionals.To become a Volunteer:
- Must be currently enrolled in high school
- Must maintain a Grade Point Average of at least 75
- Must be available at least two days per week in the afternoons
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college program
- Maintain a minimum GPA 3.0
- Must be available at least two days per week and on occasional Saturdays
How You Can HelpMake a Gift
Please show your support of CWHA's work by contributing to its fund development campaign. A gift to CWHA is a gift to yourself and your community. Every gift makes a difference and is appreciated. CWHA is a non-profit organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
- Gifts can be pledged over a multi-year period.
- In addition to cash and pledged donations, gift of securities, property, life insurance and confirmed bequest can be made.
- Unrestricted Gifts give CWHA the flexibility to support areas where the need is most pressing. These gifts help to ensure important programs and services are not threatened because of a lack of funding. Donors who contribute $1,000 or more (non-event related) within a calendar year are recognized as members of the Laureates of Health Care Society.
- Restricted Gifts can be made to a wide range of specialty services or programs designated as areas for support by CWHA consistent with the donor's personal interests.
- Memorial/Honorarium Gifts in memory or in honor of an individual may be made in any amount, and for any purpose. CWHA promptly notifies the appropriate party of the memorial or honorarium gift.
- Capital Donations for building construction, equipment or renovation to provide care givers with efficient facilities to deliver state-of-the-art services.
- Assets to Give:
- Cash: A gift of cash is the simplest and most immediate way to give to CWHA. Cash gifts may be pledged over a period of up to five years and are fully deductible up to 50 percent of the donor's gross adjusted income. Checks should be made payable to CWHA.
- Appreciated Securities: A gift of long-term appreciated securities is exempt from capital gains taxes, currently at the maximum rate of 28 percent. In most cases a donor can claim a charitable income tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the appreciated securities. The gift is deductible up to 30 percent of the donor's gross adjusted income.
- Gifts of Real Estate: In some cases property can be given outright to support CWHA and the donor receives a charitable income tax deduction for the fair market value of the property. Real estate gifts also can be used to fund a life income arrangement.
- Life Income Arrangements: Life income arrangements vary, but most offer the following benefits: income for life to the donor and/or a second beneficiary, a charitable income tax deduction, higher rate of return than many current investments, reduction or avoidance of capital gains taxes.
- Bequests: For many donors, a gift made through their Will is the best way to make a substantial donation to CWHA. Donors can leave specific dollar amounts or a percentage of their estate. Through a bequest, a donor can make a gift without depleting current assets and eliminate or reduce federal and state taxes. If you have included CWHA in your Will, please let us know.
How to Make a Gift
- You can reach us via email. For more information about making a gift to CWHA we invite you to call (718) 826-2942. Visit us at the following web site: guidestar.org (financial information - IRS 990 Tax Return)
- Our federal ID # is 13-3323168.
- A copy of the Caribbean Women's Health Association's charitable status (CWHA's charities registration No. is 04-76-79) may be obtained from New York State Department of State, 162 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12231.
CWHA thanks you for your support!